Friday, January 28, 2011

It's just one of those things





CRAFT BIO:
Yes, it's just one of those things. Consuming, encompassing and linked to your soul. It's unexplainable, addictive and never ending.
I have always loved crafts, ( and stationary) all types of crafts (and stationary *hehehe*). I have tried and loved cross stitch. This became an obsession (also) but became impossible when I had kids. The attention span needed to stay "on track" and follow the pattern made it too easy for mistakes. It's very infuriating to work for so long on a project and find that when you view the whole picture, that the eye is where the nose should be. This could be attributed to one of a million interruptions while furiously marking the patterned squares with a fluro marker. Still managed to stuff it up. I think that I was quite good at it, I managed to turn out some nice pieces that I was really happy with.
I have also tried Folk Art. Now that I also loved. The paint and the colours. Yes I still have a basket full of Jo Sonja's paints that my girls now use for their various painting creations.
Mmmm what else have I tried, oh yes, Quilting, loved that but a bit tedious and I needed a bit more room to be organised than I had. I was never a great knitter (except for footy scarves, I managed that ok) but I was pretty good at crochet. I remember as teenagers my friend Sandra and I would sit and furiously crochet our own bikini's and occasionally the side chain stitch that we would tie the sides together with would "snap" in the surf. Not very often though, thank goodness. We would even crochet at the beach the next cossie while wearing the current creation. Yes, did a bit of sewing too. We would go directly to the leather tanners and buy our hide and make our skirts and tops for partying in on the weekend. They were pretty good I thought. Original if nothing else! *laugh laugh*
I have also managed to paint murals on my daughters walls (Winnie The Pooh's Tree House) and various other things. I dabbled with Quilling too, briefly, very briefly.
Anyway that's enough boring stuff. When I discovered PAPER and scrap booking about 10 years ago I was slow to dive in. One because I had a little toddler to contend with and money was tight. Now though I am pretty much submersed in it and have been lucky enough to be able to start to teach a few classes here and there at my local scrap booking store. This may be as a result of spending way too much time there and the ladies I guess suggested that I should just make official? *chuckle chuckle*. What a wonderful, lovely and sweet bunch of ladies they are too.
So now that I have the "bio background" covered I will star to show you past and present works that I create and maybe someone will be inspired to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment