Friday, February 11, 2011

A castle for a Princess



I was really happy the way this turned out. It's just so pretty. It's a Kaisercraft chipboard album. The castle one (well obviously). The papers I chose I cannot remember, so sorry : (, I'll try to find the remnants and post later.
I covered it and used a scalloped paper for the turrets, oh it' s so lovely. Definitely fit for a Princess indeed. I used vellum on one page and cut it to the shape of the chipboard including the windows etc (Well a Princess has to be able to see out the window, just in case the Prince arrives on his horse doesn't she?). I wrote the story about this particular Princess on the vellum, yes she is real, and her story includes her family.
On the front cover you can see that I have stamped a dragonfly and stamped a separate set of wings on vellum using white ink. I attached the wings in the centre onto the dragonfly and all of a sudden *whoosh* he's ready to fly off into the big blue yonder. I used a Making Memories rub on for the 'baby'. Also have a few flowers with a big *bling* (of course *wink wink *) brad. I used my Chatterbox Doodle Genie - Whimsical - to draw some lovely soft swirls and curls in white gel pen as a background on one of the soft pink pages. There are little pockets and a few lovely sayings and plenty of room for photos. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of ribbons. Little girls and ribbons are just made for each other aren't they? I think it made a lovely Baby Shower gift.

1 comment: